Originally gothic church that dates back to the 13th century went through many reconstructions that gave him contemporary classicistic appearance. The tower and the entrance portal are the only things that are left from the original building. The tower was not connected to the church and it belonged to the town not to the vicarage. In 1794 the church burnt down. The tower was reconstructed but the original single-aisle church was destroyed in 1824. In 1825 – 1829 a provisional measure was built in the place of the church but this provisional measure remains till now. The contemporary church is one third smaller than the original medieval building. The whole church is situated in a fenced area with an entrance gate.